Monday, November 14, 2011

Stairs. Axonometric Stairs.

The Axonometric Stairs project was a little while back. It had its pros and cons. It was a pro that we learned how to do axonometric drawings so well but a con because there was such a lack in creativity. We had to pick a staircase that was either in our world famous S.R. Crown Hall or the slightly less world famous M.T.C.C. (McCormick Tribune Campus Center).  I picked the outdoor basement stairs of Crown Hall, mainly because they are close to my desk and it would be easy to take measurements if I had to while drafting. We not only had to draft the stairs but also the area around it that is apart of the stair space.

Here are the stairs that I chose. 

I felt that the stair space was the hallway that it leads into in the basement and the sidewalk above the stairs, as well as the stairs. 

Here is my Arches Paper of it.  

It was mostly my professor's choice to include the brick wall. This view is offered from high up in Crown Hall. The brick wall is translucent which was achieved through a simple variation in line weights. The hall on the left fades away as does the sidewalk above the stairs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment