Thursday, December 1, 2011

The End of Studio I.

Well, I have reached the end of my first semester of school, and with that the completion of Studio I. That completion came(for me) when I completed my transitional space model. It was a long road of construction from Saturday afternoon(when I returned to campus from Thanksgiving Break), to all day Sunday, to almost all day Monday(From 9:00 AM to 3:30 AM the next morning), to Tuesday from 1:00 PM to 3:00 AM the next morning.

Here are the photos I took with my phone during the construction process. 
Once I had all my pieces cut, which took most of Saturday, Sunday and Monday, my desk looked like this. 

This was a long process that took a pile of wood and made a model from it.

The assembly of the bricks took 10 hours alone. This is because I did not use the individual bricks that I had made on the table saw in the first place. I used a method that had each of the stacks of bricks as one whole piece. To make them look like bricks I had to score each little line myself, with a hand saw and a miter box. 

It was a long night when this was taken but I was the happiest person around to make it this far in the construction. 

The next morning, the day of the review, my desk looked like this. A mess of pure architecture. 
(The Mountain Dew bottles with the bandanas are a part of a joke that Brian and I have, as Fridays hold our tradition of getting Mountain Dew.)

Here is underneath my desk, just as crazy. (On the left is the back of our final cardboard chair. He has been under there since we finished him awhile back. Along with my backpack, tool box, and a left-over sheet of MDF on the far right.)

Here is the final model.













No comments:

Post a Comment